What's onOur meetings, and other events
New to the Society?
Find out how to get to us by clicking on the menu item “How to find us’ at the top right of your screen
Tuesday 9 January 2018
Members will perform the trick they open with (could be Close Up/Stage/Parlour or your Children’s Show) as they would in the real world (warts and all) and then afterwards talk briefly why they open with this particular effect and the thinking behind why it’s their opening trick.
This will lead onto a “Closers” evening at a later date.
Tuesday 6 February 2018
The Interrobang Lecture – Jon Allen
This is Jon’s new lecture, and in it you will learn
- A multi-phase routine using a pen and a coin… with a surprise finale
- A simple and devious peek
- A fantastic finale to any signed card routine, using a balloon and a move never really used in close-up.
- The greatest impromptu routine ever that turns a child into a mega-star magician
- Why you should learn about things for which you have no current interest
- Why you should break things
- Why Jon thinks one of the ‘classics’ of magic is a terrible trick
- Anything else of benefit Jon can think about on the night.
Tuesday 6 March 2018
Part of the evening will be devoted to discussions on how to celebrate our 70th anniversary.
Second half of the evening will be tricks involving IT.